2009 was my first full year blogging at Green Building Law Update. It was a difficult year for the construction industry, but the green building movement continued to grow.
I recently went back and reviewed the Green Building Law Update stories from 2009. Below are some of my favorite quotes from my favorite posts. If you have a moment, go back and check out some of these posts, as we will continue discussing these topics well into 2010.
- "’Green’ was the buzz word in 2008. In 2009, Green Building Law Update predicts that green buzz words will become more nuanced and the focus will be on ‘energy efficiency,’ ‘retrofits,’ and ‘existing buildings.’" Prediction: It’s All About the Retrofit
- "A security instrument guaranteeing LEED certification is the unicorn of the green building industry." The Green Building Unicorn
- "The stimulus package is going to result in increased levels of green building litigation. I hope I am wrong, but I think it is inevitable." The Stimulus: Now for the Bad Part
- "I have a new term for the green building and legal industries: LEEDigation." LEEDigation
- "Twitter is going to be all the rage in 2009, you should jump on board now." All A-Twitter About Green Building Law
Thanks for taking the time to read Green Building Law Update this year. On Wednesday, we are going to look at the most important green building legal story of the year and on Friday we will look at the green building legal story that will have the most impact on the industry in 2010.